«Tajik Aluminium Plant – business card of
the industry of Tajikistan»
These words of the Founder of Peace and National Unity - the Leader of the Nation, the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, respected Emomali Rahmon, said at a meeting with the workers of the Tajik aluminum plant on April 5, 2000, most accurately reflect the importance of the industrial giant on the scale of the state.
The Tajik Aluminum Smelter, one of the most powerful industrial enterprises in the country, in the course of its progressive development in July 2007 received a new production status that met the requirements of modernity - the State Unitary Enterprise "Tajik Aluminum Company" (TALCO), and on November1, 2019, it was transformed into the Open Joint Stock Company (OJSC) "Tajik Aluminum Company" with 100% of shares owned by the state.
TALCO is our heritage, which to this day continues to be an efficiently operating enterprise in the country.
TALCO is the largest industrial enterprise in the republic, and aluminum is the country's main export commodity.
TALCO is the first Tajik brand of world standard, whose products are exported to many countries of the world: Turkey, Uzbekistan, Japan, China, Western Europe, USA and others..
Today TALCO, continuing to confirm its reputation as one of the most dynamically developing companies in Tajikistan, built on modern management and an international financial reporting system, has actually become the personification of economic reforms in Tajikistan.
TALCO is one of the largest aluminum producers in the CIS and the only aluminum producer in Central Asia.
Project capacity - 517 thousand tons of aluminum per year
Production of baked anodes - 360 thousand tons per year
The enterprise has 12 buildings with shops for electrolysis production, 2 foundries, 3 shops for the production of baked anodes, auxiliary shops and specialized subdivisions of the plant.
The area occupied by the enterprise is 340 hectares.
Essential facts from the history of the company:
- October 1964. At an enlarged meeting of the Council of Ministers of the Tajik SSR, a project for the construction of the Tajik aluminum plant (TadAZ) was adopted and recommended for approval by the Central Asian SNKh (Council of National Economy).
- March 31, 1965. The start of the construction of TadAZ has been given - the first act of completed volumes of construction and installation works has been adopted.
- March 31, 1975 The first aluminum ingot was poured, which marked the beginning of the labor biography of the industrial giant of Tajikistan.
- January 20, 1978. The production of the first baked anode was started and in September of this year the act on creation of the first baked anode production line was signed.
- April 3, 2007. In order to strengthen and improve the image of the aluminum industry of Tajikistan in the international arena, the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan adopted a Resolution on renaming the Tajik Aluminum Plant (TadAZ) into the State Unitary Enterprise “Tajik Aluminum Company” (TALCO).
- On November 1, 2019, by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan (No. 374 of July 31, 2019), the State Unitary Enterprise "Tajik Aluminum Company" (TALCO) was transformed into the Open Joint Stock Company (OJSC) "Tajik Aluminum Company" (TALCO) with 100% state shares. The transformation of TALCO into a joint stock company is an objective consequence of the current situation for the company in the context of constantly increasing competitive risks in the global aluminum market.
In October 2000, TadAZ was awarded the International Platinum Star by the decision of the XXV International Congress for awarding the "Quality Star".
In 2008, TALCO was awarded high international awards: "Best Enterprises of Europe", awarded by the Committee of the European Business Assembly (EBA, Oxford, UK) and "European Quality" the quality of products manufactured by the Tajik Aluminum Company and their compliance with international standards.